WHAT: Good Grocer Challenge launch and press convention
WHEN: Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 9 a.m.
Assembly ID: 970 2775 2241
- Winona Bynum, govt director, Detroit Food items Coverage Council
- Rachael Dombrowski, assistant professor, Wayne Condition University
- Juan Escareño, director, govt relations and group outreach, Midwest Impartial Merchants Affiliation
- M. Roy Wilson, president, Wayne Condition College
- Ingrid Guerra-Lopez, interim dean, Wayne Condition College University of Instruction
- Charles Walker, retail specialist, Good Foodstuff Network
- Shirley Burch, Imperial Fresh Industry
- Vincent Nona, Parkway Meals
Wayne Point out University, Detroit Foodstuff Policy Council and users of the Detroit Grocery Coalition will host a press convention announcing the launch of the Terrific Grocer Task, a local community-based software to reinforce interactions between independently owned grocery merchants and their consumers, raise consciousness and sales of healthier meals, and foster economic vitality in Detroit neighborhoods. Reps from Imperial Fresh new Industry and Parkway Food items will examine what it is like to be a grocer in Detroit and attempts to deal with food insecurity.