250g Basic/product Flour
30g Corn flour
60g Caster Sugar
1 egg yolk
20mls drinking water/milk.
· Sieve Flour and cornflour collectively
· Rub via cold butter right until resembles fine bread crumbs be thorough not to in excess of blend.
· Combine Egg, sugar, and water alongside one another and include to crumbed combine to form a tender paste.
· Wrap in cling film chill for min 30mins.
450g (approx) Refreshing Rubarb sticks washed and minimize inti 2cm pieces,
150 g-175g sugar
15g (1 Tablespoon Cornflour)
To Make Tart:
· Use 250g for base pin out cautiously to 3mm thick put onto greased 9″ deep facet pie dish
· Place in prepared rhubarb
· Moist edges of foundation
· Combine sugar and cornflour and sprinkle on best of rhubarb
· Pin out top rated with remaining 250g paste, Seal edges, set in a couple of steam escape holes.
· Bake @ 185C for 40minutes turning 1/2 way. Sprinkle with sugar quickly just after using out of oven.
Secure foundation of oven with a oven liner or some baking parchment on a tray underneath pie dish to catch escaping juices
RHUBARB MERINGUE Fool
450 g (16oz) rhubarb, trimmed
175 g (6oz) golden caster sugar
50 ml (2fl oz) Cointreau – optional
3tsp corn flour mixed to paste with a very little chilly h2o
300 ml (½ pint) carton double product
500 g Greek yogurt
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 meringue nests/ damaged
6 pieces of crystallised ginger finely slice for decoration.
Stem ginger shortbread biscuits
1. Lower rhubarb into 2.5cm (1in) chunks. Set into a pan with 125g sugar, liqueur and 25ml (1fl oz) cold drinking water. Deliver to the boil simmer gently until soft. Incorporate cornflour paste and thicken permit to amazing.
2. Whisk cream, yogurt, vanilla and rest of sugar (50g) till tender peaks
3. Divide among the six 250ml (9fl oz) sundae eyeglasses by layering product , rhubarb puree , broken meringue pieces, until finally glass is stuffed ending with some cream. Sprinkle crystallised ginger on top rated and serve with shortbread biscuits.
RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY GINGER CRUMBLE
450g Rhubarb washed and slash 2cm parts
10-12 strawberries washed and quartered
150g caster sugar
180g Simple Flour
180g light brown sugar
100g Floor Almonds
1. Location well prepared rhubarb and strawberries in a greased deep 10″ oven proof pie dish sprinkle with sugar and incorporate 30mls( 2Tblsp) h2o
2. Put all the crumble substances in foodstuff processor and pulse until crumble formed ( If no food items processor: crush biscuits with rolling pin until finally good and mix all substances together right until crumble formed)
3. Sprinkle on crumble
4. Bake 180C for 35-40 minutes
5. Serve warm with custard or Vanilla Ice cream