Mexican Street Corn Coleslaw
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 16(8 1/2 cup servings)
An easy to make coleslaw with all of the flavours of Mexican street corn!
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 2 cups corn (fresh or thawed)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup cotija (or feta), crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (or cayenne) (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the cabbage, corn, jalapeno, green onion and cilantro.
- Mix the mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix the coleslaw and dressing and either enjoy immediately or, better yet, let it sit in the fridge for an hour to overnight to let the flavours mingle!
Option: Grill or saute the corn in butter before adding to the slaw!
Option: Replace some of the mayo with sour cream or plain yogurt.
Option: Add 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
Non-Alcoholic Beer Varieties – Must You Give Up Flavor To Reduce Alcohol?
Why Is Japanese Cuisine Is So Healthy?
Traditional Dutch Food – The Rijsttafel