Hippie Hash is the ideal breakfast hash you have (most likely) under no circumstances read of. Manufactured with a vibrant mix of veggies and topped with feta cheese, this tasty breakfast dish is bursting with flavor in each bite. Top with a poached egg and drop in love!
164 Calories29g CARBS4g Extra fat5g PROTEIN
Hippie Hash (The Most effective Veggie Hash) Recipe
If you have never ever listened to of hippie hash, do not worry—you’re not alone. Up till my superb buddy whipped up a batch for a team of our buddies at a current get-with each other, I had hardly ever listened to of it both. Right after hoping my 1st chunk, I was quickly marketed. Hippie hash is amazing!
This swift and straightforward breakfast dish is built with shredded hash brown potatoes, the greens of your alternative, and a handful of feta cheese to major it all off.
It’s prepared from start out to finish in below 20 minutes and is ridiculous delightful. Because this dish is so versatile, there are tons of ways to spice it up.
I appreciate topping my hippie hash with a poached egg, refreshing avocado, or even a drizzle of creamy chipotle sauce for a little kick.
Irrespective of whether you are serving breakfast for meal or hosting a Sunday brunch, this vegetarian breakfast hash is the best healthy breakfast to serve to a big team.
Leave it vegetarian or toss in some bacon or sausage crumbles to add some flavor. Really don’t just consider my term for it—try out this hippie hash for oneself and permit me know what you believe!
What You are going to Require
Here’s what you will require to make the most effective hippie hash you have at any time had.
- Hash Brown Potatoes: You can locate shredded hash brown potatoes in the frozen food items aisle of most grocery retailers. If you just cannot uncover any, you could also use diced potatoes or sweet potatoes in its place.
- Contemporary Greens: You will want zucchini, crimson bell pepper, broccoli, minced garlic, mushrooms, and pink onion. However, you can swap these for any other veggies of your selection based on what you have at house.
- Feta Cheese: I absolutely appreciate topping off this dish with a handful of tangy feta cheese for a burst of added flavor. It’s delightful!
- Spices: The only spices you will want are salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes if you want a tiny contact of heat. Nice and very simple.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need to have just a compact quantity of oil to sauté your veggies. I commonly use significant-quality olive oil, but avocado oil or grapeseed oil would also perform fine.
Hippie Hash Suggestions and Methods
If you’ve never produced hippie hash before (or any breakfast hash, for that subject), do not fret! Listed here are some of my prime recommendations and tips to ensure delightful final results:
- Breakfast hash preferences finest when it’s served proper away, but you can conveniently keep it for later on if needed. Allow it amazing, then transfer the dish to an airtight container and retail outlet it in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Alternatively, you could freeze this dish for up to 2-3 months.
- Really feel totally free to change up the veggies even so you like relying on what you have at dwelling. This is a great clean out the fridge meal! Some other very good veggies for breakfast hash contain corn, cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, kale, and spinach.
- If you really do not have shredded hash brown potatoes, truly feel totally free to use diced Yukon gold potatoes. Just make positive to dice them small and retain them reasonably the exact in measurement. You can peel them initial or depart the skins on—totally up to you.
- Provide this dish on its very own (it’s super gratifying!) or pair it with a light facet dish like new fruit, scrambled egg whites, or turkey bacon. You also can not go incorrect with a awesome cup of warm coffee or tea on the side.
Looking for means to personalize this dish and make it your possess? Right here are some exciting (and delicious) versions to check out out:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash: Try out swapping out the hash brown potatoes for cubed sweet potatoes to change up the textures and flavor profile. This is yet another sweet potato hash we appreciate.
- Vegan Breakfast Hash: Immediately make a mouth watering vegan hash by leaving out the feta cheese or swapping it for a dairy-no cost option.
- High-Protein Breakfast Hash: Amp up the protein in this crave-deserving breakfast dish by incorporating chopped bacon, crumbled sausage, or black beans.
- Mexican Breakfast Hash: Completely transform this dish into the finest Mexican-inspired brunch dish by adding black beans and corn. Garnish with sliced jalapenos, salsa, and fresh new cilantro.
- Nutrient-Dense Breakfast Hash: For an extra wholesome breakfast hash, toss in some contemporary leafy greens like spinach or kale. As an included reward, these veggies make this vibrant dish even additional vibrant!
Usually Asked Questions
Listed here are the responses to some of the most usually questioned thoughts about this hippie hash recipe:
Hippie Hash originated at the Fleetwood Diner near the College of Michigan. It’s fundamentally a veggie-packed breakfast hash that receives topped with a heap of feta cheese just in advance of getting served. This vegetarian breakfast dish is warm, hearty, and packed with remarkable flavors.
Completely! To make this breakfast hash vegan, all you have to do is leave out the feta cheese. If you want to beef it up for a additional filling food, sense absolutely free to include some of your preferred plant-dependent sausage crumbles or black beans.
I enjoy topping my hippie hash with cracked black pepper, refreshing herbs like chives or parsley, and a drizzle of scorching sauce when I’m in the mood for some heat. Some far more wonderful possibilities for toppings include things like contemporary avocado, a dollop of salsa or sour product, and a poached egg. Really don’t be scared to get creative—the possibilities are unlimited!