As another person who firmly believes that the creme — not the cookie — is the most effective aspect of the Oreo, I was so energized to consider this recipe for Oreo cheesecake bars, and I am extremely content to share that it did not disappoint! These bars taste accurately like I envision a Triple Stuf Oreo Cheesecakester would’ve tasted. (In circumstance you never recall Oreo Cakesters, they ended up the soft Oreos discontinued in 2012 and also the snack of my childhood.) They’re the great issue to make when you’re dreaming about those Philadelphia Cheesecake With Oreo Cubes that individuals were talking about final yr that are at present only obtainable in South Korea. Whilst I am bummed I can’t get my hands on them, almost everything is always far better when it is do-it-yourself, correct?
This recipe calls for 24 Oreos, or specifically 50 % of a spouse and children-dimension package deal. That may well feel like a lot at initial, but do not skimp on the Oreos, because you’ll want ample for the double crust, which is truly the least complicated part of the entire process. Usually, Oreo pie crusts require scraping off the creme prior to pulverizing the cookies, but due to the fact this recipe is all about the creme, you would not need to hassle with that action.
The batter, on the other hand, calls for a small far more notice. The largest problem — apart from permitting your cheesecake sit in the freezer for six total several hours in advance of it can be lastly prepared to take in — is breaking up all the lumps in the batter. Just make sure your cream cheese is softened more than enough before you start beating everything with each other, and just take it as slowly but surely as attainable. This recipe takes a good deal of persistence, but it is worth it.
In the stop, I feel these cheesecake bites can actually be deemed Triple Stuf Oreos, for the reason that we’ve got the Oreo creme, the product cheese, and the bitter cream. Nevertheless on the cookie aspect of cookie vs. creme debate? I’m betting you can expect to modify your mind as before long as you try out these out for by yourself. Go through on for the complete recipe.
Will not eliminate from the freezer prematurely or the cheesecake bites will not likely set properly.
- 24 Oreos
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour product
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 huge egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 levels and line one particular 9-inch sq. pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Incorporate 12 sandwich cookies (do not get rid of the creme) to your foods processor and pulse them into wonderful crumbs.
- Incorporate 50 % of the melted butter (2 tablespoons) with these crumbs until they are completely saturated.
- Push the crumbs down into the bottom of the cake pan and use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack it in tightly, earning guaranteed it is really dispersed evenly.
- In a big mixing bowl, beat alongside one another the product cheese, sugar, and egg with a hand mixer on medium velocity. Right after it’s well-combined, combine in the sour cream and vanilla. Beat it right up until it’s as easy as probable. Some lumps will continue to be.
- Pour the filling into the pan and easy it out.
- Bake the pan for 30-35 minutes, until eventually the cheesecake has started to bubble and brown on best.
- While the cheesecake is baking, make the top rated crust: yet again pulse 12 cookies in your food stuff processor right up until they are crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the remaining melted butter and stir properly.
- Use a spoon to scatter the cookie crumbs all over the leading of the cheesecake although it can be continue to hot. Use the back of the spoon or a spatula to gently push the crumbs down and out in an even layer, into the cheesecake.
- Protect lightly with a kitchen area towel and allow cool on the counter for half an hour, then include tightly and location in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- After the cheesecake has established and frozen wholly, use a sharp knife to slice it into smaller squares, about 1/2″ or so. Transfer to an airtight container and hold in the freezer for up to two months or the fridge for up to 6 times.
- 16 Bites
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Photography / Kalea Martin