Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Overall Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
A creamy fall mac and cheese with butternut squash puree and sage!
- 1 pound pasta (gluten-cost-free for gluten-totally free)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-intent flour (rice flour for gluten-absolutely free)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups milk (or broth)
- 2 cups cheese, shredded*
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 cups butternut squash puree (or pumpkin puree)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get started cooking the pasta as directed on the offer.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a substantial saucepan about medium heat and prepare dinner till it commences to change a gentle golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkling in the flour, mix in the garlic and sage and cook dinner, mixing, right until it turns a gentle golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Increase the milk, provide to a simmer, mixing, and prepare dinner until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Lessen the warmth, incorporate the cheese and allow it soften into the sauce.
- Combine in the nutmeg, mustard, and butternut squash puree in advance of seasoning with salt and pepper to flavor.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking h2o.
- Combine the pasta into the sauce, optionally adding some of the reserved cooking water to slender the sauce out, if preferred.
Solution: Use your favourite cheese or mixture of cheeses. I like sturdy cheddar or gruyere, fontiona, and many others. along with parmesan, pecorino, and so forth. Blue cheese is amazing with butternut squash!
Alternative: Add 4 ounces product cheese in addition to the shredded cheese!
Possibility: Prime with a crispy breadcrumb topping! (Soften 1/4 cup butt in a pan, incorporate 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, combine and cook dinner right up until lightly golden brown just before sprinkling about the mac and cheese!
Alternative: Garnish with crispy butter fried sage!
Option: Garnish with bacon, or pancetta, or sausage, or shredded pepperoni! (Fried until crispy!)
Choice: Garnish with sauteed mushrooms!
Option: Garnish with pepitas!
Healthy Cookware 101: Do We Know Everything About Cookware? Think Again
Healthy Foods For Your Kitchen – Have Good Food in Your Home
Healthy Options in Chinese Food